No matter how diligent you are about cleaning the bathrooms, doing the dishes, mopping and vacuuming the floors, you’re probably missing those difficult-to-reach spaces in your home. These are areas that typically don’t come to mind when cleaning your home on a regular basis. Whether you hire a maid service, house cleaning service, or try to tackle this job on your own, you need to remember those areas that are oftentimes very difficult to reach.
- Behind and under the refrigerator, stove, and the washer and dryer – your kitchen appliances are grease magnets while your washer and dryer collect dust and lint. You have to move these appliances, if you want to keep your kitchen sanitary and prevent fires in your laundry area.
- Cabinet tops – whether it’s an armoire in the bedroom or living room or there is a space between the ceiling and the tops of your kitchen cabinets, you’ll most likely need a ladder to reach these spaces.
- Ceiling fans – these are probably the most forgotten about or overlooked spaces in your home. When the fan blades are dirty, they are throwing dust all over the house. You can reach the blades with a long-handled duster or try to reach them with your vacuum attachments. However, the best way to clean those blades is to climb a ladder and wipe them down with a damp cloth.
- Corners of ceilings and walls – you may be able to reach the seams where your ceiling and walls meet with your vacuum attachments, but you’ll have to climb a ladder to reach the cobwebs, if you have a higher than standard ceiling.
- Floor and wall behind your toilets – these hard to reach areas as well as the pedestal need to be cleaned thoroughly. Use a wet mop or rag to get at these areas instead of relying on a broom. You’ll only be sweeping that dust and lint across the floor to other sections of your bathroom.
Remember, no matter what room you’re cleaning, it’s always best to start at the highest point and work down, since dirt and dust will eventually make its way toward the floor and furniture after you’ve dislodged it. Furthermore, don’t forget to keep your cleaning tools clean as well. While most people remember to throw their dish cloths, towels, and wash rags in the washing machine, cleaning out brooms, buckets, mops, and vacuums is usually forgotten. If you think you are running out of time or are unable to clean the house properly, you can hire the services of professional cleaning service in the city. Not only are they affordable but with professional cleaning solutions and methods, you can have a perfectly clean home.